I can’t believe 2013 is over! This was a great, eventful year filled with many blessings and amazing experiences, thanks to God! Here is my year in review…
Thanksgivings: I have much to be thankful for, but these are at the top of my list this year.
1. Pillar family – small group, prayer meeting, book club, nursery, weddings
2. Good quality time with relatives who visited us and whom I visited on my trips
3. Travels and good eats in San Diego, New York, Chicago, Milwaukee, and Toronto, Canada
4. Stayed in Kindergarten in the same classroom, became permanent, and got a pay raise
5. Finished Insanity and got back into my high school hobby of long distance running
6. Reunited with high school friends, some I haven’t seen since our graduation 7 years ago
7. A lot of firsts in sports and entertainment! First NBA basketball game – Warriors vs. Rockets, first CA team baseball game – SD Padres vs. LA Dodgers, first celebrity meet and greet – Far East Movement, first NY Broadway musical show – Wicked.
8. Many adventures to SF with friends and family
Resolutions: I started off this year strong, but then fell short with 2 out of the 3 resolutions. Thankfully, these are resolutions that I want to continue on to next year, so I can keep trying!
Resolution #1: YAY! Completed 60 days of Insanity on February 24 and ran 5 miles on March 1. Record of the year was running 8 miles on April 6 in 1:06:30. Exercise went downhill from there.
Resolution #2: Still trekking through the Bible from cover to cover and finished Proverbs today.
Resolution #3: Goal was to read 24 books this year, but I read only 7 books. Challenge is still on!
- I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris (1/21/2013)
- Boy Meets Girl by Joshua Harris (1/26/2013)
- The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom (2/16/2013)
- Have a Little Faith: A True Story by Mitch Albom (2/20/2013)
- Every Good Endeavor: Connecting Your Work to God’s Work by Timothy Keller (3/2/2013)
- The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick (9/19/2013)
- Rework by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson (11/19/2013)
Goodbye 2013, this was a great year! I’m excited for what 2014 will bring!
Happy New Year and cheers to 2014!!!