God is so good, God is so good, God is so good, He’s so good to me.
He cares for me, He cares for me, He cares for me, He’s so good to me.
God answers prayers, God answers prayers, God answers prayers, he’s so good to me.
Since moving back home from college, Thanksgiving has become my favorite holiday of the year. More than Christmas with the distraction of presents and more than my birthday with getting older each year, I love Thanksgiving the most because it is a time to remember and celebrate God’s faithfulness and goodness throughout the year. Other than the daily thanksgivings of family and friends and the things I have been thankful for these past few years like church family, ministry opportunities, and travels, here are a few things I am especially thankful for in 2015…
- New job – moved with my closest coworker Kaylin from Kindergarten for the past 3 years to 1st grade at a new school, new teaching experience for a different community, welcoming coworkers, respectable principal, sweet and eager-to-learn students, and parent volunteers in the classroom (see post, Teaching 1st Grade Next Year)
- Good health and physical challenges – skied for the first time in 10 years, played in Pillar’s 3-on-3 basketball and softball tournaments, hiked Half Dome in Yosemite with no training, and worked out consistently throughout the year (see blog page, 2015 Workouts)
- Auntie Sharon – “cool aunt” who provides constant support for my mom and family, gave me gym membership and accountability to workout with her, helped to set up my new classroom, and went with my mom to all her recent doctor appointments
- Engagements of a few people closest to my heart – my brother Lawrence (see post, My Brother is Engaged!!!), my closest college friend Liz, and my cousin Jess in NY
- Warriors as the 2015 NBA champs – joy of watching them win in the playoffs and finals and seeing my mom learn the players and get excited too
Hope you enjoy the season of celebrating all that there is to be thankful for!
Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours!!!