My sister-in-law cooked pizza pasta when we visited San Diego over Spring Break. It was so good that I asked her for the recipe. I invited friends over for dinner last week and decided to make this for my first time, so the pressure was on to feed 6 people. Moving from mom to friends as my guinea pigs! I’m glad it turned out okay, and everyone thought it was really good. I don’t like to follow recipes step-by-step if I already have an idea of the end result, but I look up the ingredients so I know what to include in it. One thing I learned to do differently next time is to put the oven on broil to brown the cheese for 5 minutes instead of on bake which didn’t even brown the cheese after 30+ minutes. I forgot that I used broil to brown the top of my shepherd’s pie, but I wasn’t really thinking when I had 45 minutes to get dinner ready. This is an easy meal to serve a group, especially for those who like pizza, pasta, and lasagna, a combination of the three!
1) Ingredients: Italian sausage, pepperoni, tomato sauce, dried oregano, fusilli pasta, mozzarella cheese (I picked up all the ingredients from Trader Joe’s and used the whole package for each except for the mozzarella cheese and oregano to make more than what the recipe called for.)
2) Cook Italian sausage. Slice up and add pepperoni. Add tomato sauce and oregano. (I added pasta sauce to make more sauce because the next step is to cook the pasta in the sauce.)
3) Add fusilli pasta into the sauce. (First time not cooking pasta in boiling water, so the pasta turns out more flavorful in the sauce, but it takes longer to cook the pasta.)
4) Put pasta in a glass container for the oven.
5) Add a layer of mozzarella cheese on top of the pasta and broil in oven until cheese is browned and crispy. Serve and enjoy!
One Pot Pizza Pasta Bake: http://damndelicious.net/2014/08/16/one-pot-pizza-pasta-bake